Welcome

All the finished works at my homepage www.jussikontio.com

keskiviikko 1. toukokuuta 2013

Rusty and gorgeous!



Now look at this! I received this awesome gift pack from a friend with a farm, a pile of iron thingies!

 And just a few days before I bought this massive 85cm circular saw blade from a junk store, I figured out all this would go nicely together.

 So first I took out all the bearings from the crankshaft and made some holes with threads for bolts to acquire good and removable couplings, since the finished table would not be moved easily as one piece.

 Then I comissioned a steel working company to drill a 28mm hole for the old weed cutter for horses to have it as a steady table top.

  They also lathe this iron cylinder for me to make a nice connection for the two lowest parts of the table.


 I brushed the dirt out and oiled all the iron to have a nice surface.


 And cut and moved the original crank of the weed cutter  upside down to hold the table top steady.


 Left the flywheel for the legs and polished all the surfaces with several pieces of old sheet.

Here's the cutie, ready to serve as a table!
Wellcome to check it out in few days to the Recycling factory!


2 kommenttia:

  1. Moikka! Tein jutun Kierrätystehtaasta blogiini. Kuvissa vilahtaa myös erikoistaidettasi :)

    http://helmitarinoita.blogspot.fi/2013/05/kierratystehdas-2013.html

    VastaaPoista